Coastal Bend Society for Human Resource Management
CBSHRM will hold a 10-week study group in Summer 2017 that prepares participants to take the certification exams for HRCI (aPHR, PHR, SPHR or GPHR).
The purpose of the HR Certification Study Group is to provide a high level overview of the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish the goal of certification. This includes:
- Knowledge required for each exam
- Competencies that will be assessed on the exam
- Test taking tips, strategies and practice examples
- Available resources at different price points and detail to fit your personal needs
- The opportunity to partner with others in this endeavor, sharing knowledge, expertise and resources
Monday, June 5
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
* The first class is Monday, June 5th, also with self – study beginning that same week.
All following classes
June 7 - TBD
Wednesday Evenings6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
* We will offer weekly reviews of the material each Wednesday, with time and location flexible depending on needs of the group.
aPHR (CBSHRM Member) – $210
aPHR (Non-CBSHRM Member) – $265
PHR/SPHR (CBSHRM Member) – $345 PHR/SPHR (Non-CBSHRM Member) – $400
*Difference from Member price can be credited toward 2017 CBSHRM Membership
Payment is due with online registration. Checks should be made payable and mailed (to be received no later than Wednesday, May 24, 2017) to:
Coastal Bend SHRMPO Box 9064Corpus Christi, TX 78469
Q: What materials are provided?
A: CBSHRM purchases materials from Distinctive HR. Materials included are a CD, flash card system, and study guide manual.
Q: Who are the facilitators and what are their credentials?
A: All of our facilitators are HR professionals members of CBSHRM.
Q: How do I sign up to take the HR Certification Exams?
A: There are two recognized organizations that facilitate certification exams. Visit www.hrci.org for information on testing and scheduling or click here for more information about the PHR or SPHR. Visit www.shrm.org for information on testing windows and scheduling or click here for more information about the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Q: Can we receive recertification credits for participating in this course?
A: No, recertification credits are not available for this course.
Q: How does the study group differ from the university program?
A: The study group is ideal for HR professionals that have a limited budget and feel comfortable in a self-study environment with the option of partnering with other HR professionals in their area.